Wednesday 23 December 2009

DWC Mosque

In the beginning of this semester, I heard lots of arguments and felt the anger from the students side because of the mosque or the prayer room that was converted to a seating area and coffee shop by the college. Not just that, students were complaining publicly and spoke to the media regarding this matter.
In this blog, I would like to take the opportunity to express my opinion regarding this issue.
In Islam, there is a say with a meaning of: mosques shouldn’t be ignored or left without anybody coming to it. I remember when I was a morning student, almost two years ago, I never went to that mosque and it was always empty when it shouldn’t. I didn’t see that student actually go there to pray. So why the college should keep it when even in islam that is not right!
Personally speaking I don’t mind that the college converted the prayer room, plus, it is actually transferred to the upper floor in the students’ center.

No comments:

Post a Comment